The Torre dos Clérigos is a bell tower that is part of the Church of the Clerics, designed by the Italian architect Nicolau Nasoni, is considered one of the best examples of Baroque architecture.
The tower was built between 1754 and 1763 and is located in the historic center.
Considered one of the ex libris monuments of the city and classified by IPPAR as a National Monument since 1910.
It is 76 meters high and has a spiral staircase with 240 steps – a building that was once considered the highest of Portugal.
Bridge Luiz I is a iron bridge with two trays, built between 1881 and 1888, linking the cities of Porto and Vila Nova de Gaia (north and south side of the city) separated by the river Douro.
The work was commissioned to Willebreck Society, a company in Brussels founded by Théophile Seyrig, a disciple of Gustave Eiffel.
The Palácio da Bolsa, was built in October 1842 by architect Joaquim da Costa Lima, due to the closure of the House of Trade Exchange, which temporarily forced the portuenses traders to discuss their business outside in the street.
The building shows the nineteenth century neoclassical traces highlighted by the famous Arab Hall.
Casa da Música é a principal sala de concertos do Porto.
Casa da Música is the main concert hall of Porto.
It was designed by Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas, as part of the event – Oporto European Capital of Culture in 2001, however, the construction was completed only in 2005.
With a dynamic and innovative agenda, in a spectrum ranging from classical music to urban avant-garde trends, benefits on a large scale of the four residents groups: Symphony Orchestra, Remix Ensemble Baroque Orchestra and Choir.
Construction dating from the 12th/13th century, in Romanesque style, that has been enlarged and renewed over the years up to its final setting, in the twentieth century, resulting in an idealized reconstitution of the medieval cathedral. Special mention goes to: the Gothic São João Evangelista Chapel and the cloister, from the 14th century; the enlargement of the main chapel, the Santíssimo Sacramento Chapel and its silver altar, from the 18th century (mannerist); the 18th century Baroque frescos in the main chapel and the sacristy, by Nicolau Nasoni, and the tiles in the cloister, by Vital Rifarto; the sculpture in the Baptism Chapel, by Teixeira Lopes (father) from the 19th century.
The Serralves Museum is the most important contemporary art museum in Portugal, designed by architect Siza Vieira, and surrounded by a 3.5 hectares park. Through temporary exhibitions, educational programs, public meetings, music and dance performances, editorial activity and national and international partnerships, the Museum promotes and disseminates the contemporary art and culture.
Its construction is characterized by its monumentality, typical of neoclassical architecture.
The Bolhão market is especially geared for fresh products, fruits and vegetables.
Museu Soares dos Reis was the first public museum of Portugal. The museum has collections of pottery, sculpture, engraving, furniture, jewelry, painting, textiles and glass, and the famous sculpture “O Desterrado” from the sculptor António Soares dos Reis.
Porto Railway Station, located in the Almeida Garrett Square, is a French influenced building and was designed by Porto architect José Marques da Silva. Opened to public on October 5th 1916.
The atrium is covered with twenty thousand narrative tiles from the painter Jorge Colaço, illustrating the evolution of transports and significant scenes of portuguese daily life.